Winter will be here before you know it and you’ve been busy settling in to your post-summer routine. We know you’re wondering what you can do to shake things up and get yourself out of this soon-to-be winter rut. Here at VacationCondos, we’ve got you covered!
How about taking a trip to the hometown of “The Happiest Place on Earth?" You guessed it! We’re talking about Orlando, Florida. But besides Disney, how much do you really know about Orlando? We’re guessing probably not a lot (us too!). We’re here to brief you on popular activities and attractions (with a little Disney included) and exactly why you should give Orlando a shot as your winter vacation destination.
First things first, let’s talk about Disney and why now is the prime time to visit. Maybe most importantly, while the lines are receding so are the parks' ticket prices. You can expect to save money and maximize the amount of time you actually spend in the park – something you don’t often associate with a Disney trip. And let’s be honest, we know fewer lines also means more time to ride Space Mountain! This time of year boasts plenty of seasonal celebrations. Keep an eye on Disney’s events calendar for updates on Mickey’s Very Most Christmas Party, Jingle Bell Jingle BAM!, A Frozen Holiday Wish, and much much more!
Now on to what else Orlando has to offer. We know what you’re thinking, is there really more than Disney? The answer is yes, all helping to make Orlando a great vacation spot that has something for everyone. And just in case you’re having trouble believing us, we’ve got a list of activities below!
- Visit Winter Park, Florida. Take a short drive to Park Avenue where you’ll find plenty of shopping, from recognizable names to one-of-a kind boutiques. While you’re there, enjoy some of their fabulous eats. We hear you can’t go wrong at The Ravenous Pig, where local is the theme and the menu is anything but boring! If you’re looking for something other than shopping and dining, try out the Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour. You’ll enjoy an hour-long tour through the lakes and canals of Winter Park.
- Less than an hour away is the Kennedy Space Center. Not only was American history made here, but also world history. A bus tour will take you around the grounds and many of the attractions are indoors, making this the perfect place to visit on a rainy day!
- At the Sea Life Aquarium you’ll find yourself face-to-face with over 5,000 different creatures – fish, seahorses, jelly fish, and a giant pacific octopus are among a few of the residents here. Get up close with sharks and sea turtles in Orlando’s own 360-degree ocean tunnel – an underwater bubble-tank that allows you to see what life is like under the sea!
- Explore the Everglades on a Boggy Creek Airboat ride! Offering three unique educational rides that explore the natural wetlands and wildlife in their swamp environment.
- Known as the alligator capital of the world, Gatorland is a 110-acre wildlife preserve and theme park that is home to a petting zoo, nature walk, Gator-Guy splash park and educational wildlife programs. The park also offers several different kinds of reptilian shows – including the adrenaline-pumping Gator Wrestling!
Now that we’ve got you ready to pack your bags, you’ll need a place to stay. Luckily for you, the Festiva Orlando Resort in Orlando is available on VacationCondos.com! And just like the city of Orlando, Festiva Orlando Resort has plenty more available to guests than your average hotel accommodations. Our dedicated staff provides exceptional customer service. Pair that with top-notch resort style amenities and comfortable accommodations, and you have the perfect destination for your family getaway! Festiva Orlando features a selection of one, two and three-bedroom vacation rentals on a beautifully landscaped property. Each rental offers plenty of space for families to accommodate the whole family, with full or partial kitchens, large living rooms, and screened in porches. Explore our list of accommodations and start planning your trip today.
With plenty to see and do, we hope you’ll see just why Orlando is the perfect winter vacation that is home to much more than Disney. We can’t wait to see you there!