Winter is quickly approaching. For some, you might be thinking about taking a vacation around the holidays. We thought we’d assist in making sure you are prepared to travel this winter season by offering up some travel tips! The transition between family gatherings, holiday festivities, and preparing yourself for a vacation is always a little daunting. With so much that you are leaving behind at home, it’s almost impossible to dedicate the time to really thinking about our vacation!
We want you to get the most out of your winter trip to the Orlando area so you can spend this time relaxing and enjoying your family or friends. Today’s blog will focus on travel tips. We want to fill you in on what to know – before, during, and after you’re back home. Read on to for more tips and tricks for travel.
- Since you’ve landed were, we assume you’ve got your destination in mind. Your next order of business should be to figure out your game plan for reaching your destination. If driving, get out your map and plan your route! Include some stops at any buzz worthy locations you’re passing – this will help keep the kids (and the adults) happy! If flying, consider making the trip mid-week. Shifting your travel days to a Tuesday or Wednesday can typically save travelers hundreds of dollars and avoid some of the airport headache typically associated with this time of year! You’ll find that the airports are less crowded and easier to navigate –an added perk, especially if you’ve got the family in tow!
- Booking your accommodations is up next! Finding something that fits the needs of your entire family or group of friends, but still meets your budget and vacation style can be difficult. You want everyone to have their own space but multiple hotel rooms or an entire house rental can get pricey! At Festiva Orlando Resort, we’ve got accommodations for every type of traveler. Each condo rental has a full or partial kitchen and spacious living area. Units also include a washer and dryer and screened in porch - perfect for enjoying Florida’s year-round beautiful weather. Onsite, you’ll find an abundance of amenities including an outdoor swimming pool and kids splash area. Best of all, this home away from home is located just under 15 minutes from Orlando’s world-famous attractions.
- It’s a good idea to set aside some time before traveling to plan your trip. Even if it’s not down to the minute. Having a rough idea will help you better maximize your time together and help you navigate when the best time to take each adventure is. While you’re planning out your trip, research a local calendar of events for your destination. The area may have their staple attractions but there’s always different weekly and monthly happenings. You don’t want to miss out on a unique activity that only happens once a year! Be sure to check out our blogs, as we often have upcoming and seasonal events listed.
- When you aren’t packing a lunch to bring for your day or making dinner in your accommodations, eat local. Food shares with us such an important part of a destinations culture and it’s something you shouldn’t miss out on! Don’t be afraid to ask locals for authentic recommendations and where you can find the best eats. And always keep an open mind for trying new things!
- Plan for a rainy day. Now obviously we know you can’t predict the weather, but you can certainly prepare for it! Have some indoor activities in your back pocket to use if/when the weather decides to change things up on you. Having a backup plan in place will help keep the fun vacation momentum on track.
- Use this vacation time to break out of your comfort zone. Step away from your home-life schedule and try something you wouldn’t normally do on your trip! Try an adrenaline packed activity. Whatever it is take the time to make your trip even more memorable by participating in an activity that wouldn’t always be your first choice. You’ll expand your horizons and also add an amazing memory to your family’s ever-growing list.
- Coming back from vacation and stepping into reality is never easy. Use your vacation as a way to set yourself up to avoid the post-travel blues! Take plenty of pictures on your trip and once home, upload them to a computer or TV so you can revisit these amazing memories with your family. Take time to soak up some of the things around you in a still frame!
- Find a place for your souvenirs. This will help you fill the rooms of your home with some happy reminders of the trip you just took but also the time you got to spend together.
- Start planning your next trip! There’s no easier way to get rid of your post-travel blues than by planning to hit the road again. This will give your family/friends something to look forward too, no matter how far away it may be.