After a difficult year for so many, we are excited to celebrate reopening on May 28, 2022. We can't wait to get back to doing what we love – helping guests create lifelong memories in this magical place! With reopening, we wanted to take a moment to share some of our favorite new and upcoming (we can’t wait!) Disney World attractions.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. While this one opened in early March 2020, it is one of the newest Hollywood Studios attraction. Located inside the Chinese Theatre is Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. Featuring new technology that Disney calls “2 ½ D”, the ride was created for Hollywood Studios 30th. This ride showcases Mickey Mouse and friends. It also allows guests to step inside the zany world of a Mickey Mouse cartoon. With no height requirements this ride is sure to be a crowd pleaser for everyone in the family.
- Ratatouille. Located in the France pavilion of Epcot, the new Ratatouille attraction will be coming some time during 2021. No date has been set just yet. We are so excited for this one! Though Disney loves to keep their wonder and new attractions a surprise, some spoilers on the attraction have been released. It is said to feature a ride that will “shrink” you down to rat-size. From there, you will experience first hand what it is like to be Remy in Gusteau’s kitchen!
- Harmonious. A new show is coming to Epcot’s World Showcase Lagoon. Word is that Harmonious will be one of the largest nighttime shows – ever! The show will feature lasers, colorful lights, 25-foot LED walls, and pyrotechnics. All set to a nighttime scenery of Disney images and music.
- Space 220 Restaurant. Also coming to Epcot will be Space 220 Restaurant. Sitting down to a table at the new restaurant gives guests the illusion of looking out into space. The 220 comes from the idea that you are looking down from 220 miles up. An opening date has yet to be announced. This restaurant is set to feature American cuisine. There will also be more than 1,000 bottles of the world’s finest wine and a large selection of craft beer.
- More and more Moana. Moana has become a beloved member of the Disney family. It is no wonder she’ll be making more appearances in several different ways soon. Scheduled to open in summer 2021, the Polynesian Village will be showcasing some major Moana updates! Guests can expect to see colorful Pacific Ocean and Island inspired décor and references to several of the movie characters. Also, to come in Epcot will be the “Journey of Water” inspired by Moana.
- And much more to come! In true Disney World fashion, the dream makers never stop working. There is plenty more to look forward to in 2021 and 2022. Be on the lookout for Star Wars Galactic Cruiser Resort - a fan favorite. Also coming will be Roundup Rodeo BBQ in Toy Story Land and Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind. And in true Disney fashion, so much more!
While we cannot wait for all these new attractions, we also cannot wait to welcome you back. At Festiva Orlando Resort, we hope to be your home away from home during your travels. Take advantage of our great savings and book your trip to Orlando today - see you soon!